2019 was the year for me that I truly buckled down and got rid of anything that didn’t perform great, make me feel great or felt worth the investment. I used this in all aspects of my life, which is why I believe that this is my best year yet for finding great and recommendable products and pieces. Here is my list of lifestyle, beauty, and fashion favourites I can’t recommend enough and that will follow me through into the new decade!
- Pure Kitchen Cauliflower Wrap: While I don’t eat this often, it stuck with me as I couldn’t belive I found a food item that was able to replace meat and still taste great! I’m not vegan, but this is a memorable and tasty wrap any person will love.
- Chocolat Favoris: This was new to the Kanata area this year, and I can’t get enough of this ice cream/chocolate shop! Some of the best quality chocolate i’ve had, and I reccomend the ice cream dip cone!
- Kung Fu Bistro: Located in Stittsville, This is some of the best Chinese food i’ve ever had. I always get the combo meal with rice, spare ribs & chow mein. I’m also picky with Chinese food, and this one checks all the boxes of fresh, flavourful & great options to choose from.
- Lorenzo’s Pizza: My boyfriend and I go here for date nights at the Carling Ave. Location. This is my favourite pizza to date! We can’t get enough of it, the crust and the sauce are EVERYTHING. Seriously- you need to check it out!
- Original Iced Coffee: McDonalds
- Dragon Drink Refresher with Coconut Milk: Starbucks
- Iced Caramel Macchiato: Starbucks
- Carnation Simply Hot Chocolate Mix from Nestle
- Magic Hour: For those wanting to create content or take great photographs, this app helps you to know when the perfect time to take pictures is based on your location! Super helpful for getting that “golden hour” picture for your Instagram or photographs.
- Lightroom: I discovered Lightroom and presets off of Etsy, which has made editing photos so much easier and more fun! This app has upped my editing game tenfold, and I highly recommend if you love to edit your photos.
- Spotify: I used to have Apple Music, and Spotify takes the cake for me. I got a roundup of my favourite songs of 2019 and even the decade! It has a ton of podcast selections (which I’ve gotten really into this year), and it provides a multitude of playlist options at your fingertips
- Life Application Bible: This has helped me to really understand what i’m reading, and gives historical and easy to follow explanations.
- Bible Journal: I write sermon notes in my journal bible, and this is how I learn best and can follow through the readings at the same time! I also love the simplicity of the exterior. It’s from the Journal the Word brand, which has so many different covers to choose from.
Books + Notebooks
- Girl, Wash your Face by Rachel Hollis: This book motivated me to further my Blog, and to be motivated to be your best self. Check out my post that I created after reading this book and feeling inspired.
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne: I love a good hate/love Rom-com read, and this ticked off all the boxes! If you want an easy read of haters turned lovers book, you’ll enjoy this. It’s soon to be a movie!
- Moleskin Notebooks: I found a love for Moleskin Notebooks, and they are everything I want in a journal! I love chic and simple things, and this is very aesthetically pleasing for myself personally.
- Madewell Denim: I discovered this brand this year thanks to Carolyn Mirand highly praising the quality. They are truly worth the investment, and I always go back to these jeans out of any other brand I own. Check out my post here, on more detail on the fit.
- Bodysuits: This quickly became one of my favourite additions to my wardrobe this year! They fit great underneath high waisted jeans/pants, and skirts, and I can’t imagine my style now without them. Check out this post on two of my favourites I wore over and over in 2019!
- Scarves: My favourite scarf this year was a sherpa infinity scarf from a local shop.
- Coach Purse: I bought my first ever “expensive” purse this year, and this was everything I dreamed of in a purse in more. Simple, chic, and practical! *Linked is similar
- Card Holder/Small Wallet: I sized down in my wallet, as I never wanted to reach for it and deal with the clutter so half the time I just threw my cards into my purse which would cause a lot of problems. Downsizing to a simple cardholder and small wallet has made me much more organized and it fits with my lifestyle much more.
- Primer: MILK Hydro Grip. Best primer I’ve used so far, where I notice a difference in longevity.
- Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation + Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation. Giorgio Armani Luminous silk is new to my collection, however, I’ve tried it before and loved the natural yet medium build coverage it provides- a soon to be favourite I had to mention! I look for foundations that are long-wearing, don’t emphasize texture, and are comfortable. These all fit the bill, with double wear being the most full coverage and “heavy feeling” but has great lasting power.
- Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer *Not pictured, just ran out & dying to get another one LOL
- Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational. I always come back to this mascara which provides great length + hold, and is affordable!
- Eyeshadow: Tati Textured Neutrals Vol.1 Palette + Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance. Both palettes are perfect for every day, while also having the ability to be amped up for a night time look. If you like neutrals, these are a must-have! Plus if you have green/hazel eyes like me, the red + pink shadows really help to make greens pop! These are my favourite formula of eyeshadows- both extremely easy to blend, and fuss-free!
- Powder: Hourglass Ambient lighting Powder in Dim Light. This took me a while to get into, but now I can’t go without it. This adds life and glow to my face while somehow blurring out texture and harsh lines!
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. An easy to blend bronzer with a great undertone- not too grey and not too orange.
- Blush: Milani Blush in Romantic Rose. I love the soft & feminine look this gives me, and it’s undertone works great for multiple eyeshadow looks.
Lips: Covergirl Oh Sugar! Lip balm in Caramel. An easy, everyday wash of colour that also moisurizes. It smells of sugar and lime!
- Ouai Hair Oil: It smells great (a floral scent), smooths the hair, makes it feel soft and adds shine. It never fails me!
- IGK Beach Club Texturizing spray: The smell and volume this gives me has me obsessed!
I can’t wait to try new things for 2020, and to share my recommendations and tips with you!
Do you have anything you tried in 2019 that you’d reccommend someone? Let me know!
Hope you have a great New years Eve, and I’ll see you in the New Year 😉